• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Animate create an app for iOS?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to creating the animation, does Animate have the capacity to create an app?  If not, what else is needed beyond Animate to create mobile apps?

How is Flash air related to Animate? 

Thanks for any answers to what may be dumb questions, but I don't know the answers and cannot find info out there that answers them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Yes you can prepare AIR apps just for iOS and for Android - it works fine and you can use in. Please remember to use AIR commands to add more features to work with device.

You can also use classic HTML code to convert it into native app using build.phonegap.com service. In this case you can prepare any html, css, javascript app and use it on both iOS and Android devices.

Of course you can use Apple Developer apps to write iOS apps as well - it's the best option.

Remember to perpare and test iOS app

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, use the publish for air ios settings to create an ios app.

Screenshot - 1_20_2017 , 3_12_50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can prepare AIR apps just for iOS and for Android - it works fine and you can use in. Please remember to use AIR commands to add more features to work with device.

You can also use classic HTML code to convert it into native app using build.phonegap.com service. In this case you can prepare any html, css, javascript app and use it on both iOS and Android devices.

Of course you can use Apple Developer apps to write iOS apps as well - it's the best option.

Remember to perpare and test iOS apps on device you  have to be Apple Developer - payed $99 per year

Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this still apply today? Since the end of 2020, flash has been disabled, and a lot has changed. Would you happen to know if this is still the case? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR apps don't need a web browser to play Flash content. An AIR app is similar to a Flash Player application, only it has more access to the system. So yes, AIR apps are still being made. It was only the browser Flash Player that was discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so using this feature will still work. I am new to this and starting a project that requires me to make an IOS app. Would packaging it for the app store be difficult? Would you have any articles to recommend to learn more about this topic? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've never found it easy to use animate to add apps to the apple store.  there are a number of requirements that change periodically.  ie, unless you're using a "how-to" from within the past month, it's probably not going to go smoothly.

note 1, it may go smoothly, but it's more likely to be problematic.  as mentioned above, i've found it easier to use unity3d even though i have far more expertise with animate.  ie, the extra work learning to use unity was more than offset by the ease of uploading and getting accepted by the app store.

note 2, for the apple store, use animate on your mac, at least for the final signing and uploading process (using xcode). it's less likely to lead to problems than if you use a windows computer for the final steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: How is Flash air related to Animate?

Animate CC was released in early 2016, replacing Flash CC. (Welcome Adobe Animate CC, a new era for Flash Professional | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe)

In the beginning of 2016, Adobe AIR (formerly Adobe Integrated Runtime) was in Version 20. Currently at Version 24. Take a look at the features added in the past year at this site: Flash Player and Adobe AIR feature list | Adobe Developer Connection

Adobe AIR is not a synonym for Flash. They are separate runtimes. Over the years Adobe AIR has been gaining more and more native functionality that is needed for Apps but not needed for Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noreen,

I'm in a exact same position as you are/were.

Please tell me how you got on and in fact can anybody know of a link or step-by-step tutorial to achieve this. All seem to be only Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

Never saw this before. I will now go and give a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to created apps for iPhone (and for Android) using exclusively Animate and AIR. It was great.

The problem is that native apps for iPhone (and Android) based on native code, are much faster, lighter, performing, integrated. I advice to look into this type of solution.

Since then, I am looking for a solution to export animations and such assets from Animate to the native code of mbile apps. After Effects users can use Lottie plugin, to export in JSON. But Animate, unfortunately, is not yet enabled to do the same.

Kond of desperately looking for a solution to this gap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution for this? I use to use flash and now I want to start back with animate, but not sure if it is pointless to create apps with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can create ios apps with animate but if just starting to make a mobile app (as opposed to updating an animate ios project), i would use unity.  it's so much easier to use (especially when it comes time to upload to the app store using a mac) and has more and less expensive (and vetted) features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

If you do now know how to make an app. You can read our lates article from our blog how to create an app.

Hope the content will be very helpful.

Thank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a guide with more detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

use google to search for one that is recent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines