• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I signed up with Crash Plan, a cloud backup, paid for one year and began backing up. Now my Lightroom 5 is unable to find the LRcat files or the preview files. when I search my files they are right where I had them. How do I tell LR where to find them?

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up with Crash Plan, a a cloud storage system.  Shortly after it began backing up  ALL my files, LR 5 crashed.

It is unable to locate the lrcat files or the lr data.  I checked and they are in the same place they were before.

How can I help LR find these files?  Many thanks.

A desperate and worried man.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Locate the catalog (lrcat) file with your system browser and double-click on it. Lightroom should start and load that catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Locate the catalog (lrcat) file with your system browser and double-click on it. Lightroom should start and load that catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR 5 crashed.

It is unable to locate the lrcat files or the lr data.

Exactly what do you see, describe in detail; and exactly what is the error message (word-for-word, verbatim) that you are receiving?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines