• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Long Does It Take To Export?

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read through so many forums and I still haven't gotten a simple answer.

My After Effect's project is only 9 minutes long. It does have use a 3D Camera, 3D Text and Lights, but when I send it to the Render Queue or AME the estimated export time is like 60 - 70 hours.

Do I just leave my lab top running? Because I tried leaving it running and the export wasn't even 1/10th of the way done. Also  I need my lab top for work, so I can't just let it sit idle at my house.

Mind you 2/3rds of the comp is composed of footage that has no VFX applied to them at all. I just imported the untouched footage into AE so I could add cool transitions between scenes.

So here is my question:

- How do I export the comp quickly. I don't care what format. I don't care what codec. I just want it done and for it to look moderately well done. I'm seeking feature film quality, BUT HD would be nice...at least 720p.

Here's some extra info just encase you need it.

- After Effects comp uses lights, 3D, Cameras

-The After Effects comp is 9 minutes long. 1920x1080p./ 24 frames a second

- My labtop is an HP Envy

-Windows 8.1

-Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 200GHz2.60GHz

-Installed Memory (RAM): 12.00GB

-System Type:  64-bit Operating System x64 based processor

-Pen and Touch: Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

- GRAPHIC CARDS

a) Intel (R) HD Graphics Family

b) NVIDIA GeForce 840M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds just about right for the complexity of the comp and your machine's specs.

If you're trying to use ray-tracing, know that it's an obsolete feature in AE, not to mention a REAL time-suck.  So don't use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9 minutes is a VERY long time for a composition in Afrer Effects. You should not render the whole 9 minutes in Ae if, like you say, 2/3 of it does not even have effects applied.

The workflow should be this:

1. Render only the parts with effects in Ae with a production codec like Quicktime Animation.

2. Assemble you footage and the Vfx shots in Premiere together

3.export in Premiere to the required delivery format you need - more often than not, it's a playback format like H.264 mp4 file with match source - high bit-rate default preset

other than that, compositing and Vfx can take a while to render. It's not umcommon that on some frames it could take a few seconds a frame or more. it all depends on on your setup. Read this for tips on improving performace in Ae :Improve performance in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JosiahM,

Did you fix your issue yet?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines