• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Slicing

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends! Is it possible to tell Photoshop to export all my slices as the exact size of the slice rather than it thinking I want them all to fit together?

I'm slicing up a full page of print coupons to upload to our website for digital use. Each coupon needs to be 351x115 pixels and are uploaded individually, so I set the slice tool for that and went to work.  The slices overlap though so I can acquire that size for every coupon - so I was hoping on export it would just export each slice at the dimensions i set it at rather than trying to make them all fit together.

So basically at this point they are exporting at varying heights when I went them all just to export at that 115 pixel mark I used.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slices were not really meant for that type of work, though I suppose it could be. Slices were originally meant for creating web sites where the page needed to load in separate parts whether for speed or to add hyperlinking.

• What may work for you is to use the rectangle selection tool, in the top tool bar specify your size you need. Click on the document and move it into place.
  • When satisfied, press ctrl-j on windows or cmd-j on a mac to copy that selection to a new layer.
  • Repeat

When done, you can use the new export command to export your layers. Make sure all layers you want exported are selected then right click on the layer(s) (windows) {I think on a mac it is control click} then choose export as from there instead of from the file menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the selection tool, when using a fixed size, you can also just click to a new area to move the selection if you don't want to drag it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Silkrooster! That alternate option you gave works like a dream, and is as good as using slices except for one area - what I liked about slices is the fact that on export you can tell it what to name the slices, but it's not a lot of extra time to rename the files after save

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can rename the layers to use for the filename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW, you're welcome...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines