• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help to retouch a video - After Effect

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have a issue. I am trying to fix a video since DAYS and i can´t manage to do it.  This is it: LuchoFINAL.mp4 - Google Drive

i have to hide the hand that is opening and to slow down the napkin that is falling. (sec 26 - 28)

I tried with rotoscope, with other smoke footages but looks always fake. Can you PLEASE help me? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

First job - Cut out just the frames that you want to work on. Never build an AE comp that is longer than the effect you are trying to create.

Second job, Time remap the action to get the timing you want.

Third job, Layer in some other smoke to hide the fact that you slowed down some of the footage.

IF you are new to AE or have no idea how to do any of these things please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First job - Cut out just the frames that you want to work on. Never build an AE comp that is longer than the effect you are trying to create.

Second job, Time remap the action to get the timing you want.

Third job, Layer in some other smoke to hide the fact that you slowed down some of the footage.

IF you are new to AE or have no idea how to do any of these things please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick! THANK YOU for the answer! I am quite new to after effects but with tutorials and stuff i still manage to accomplish something. This looks just too hard for me! I did everything you told me... here is a folder with all my trials.. https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/0B5FupavfquxjbFh4S3FGY0lvd2M help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if you see the number 11 for example i was almost there but there is always something wrong...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi maddalena8,

I watched down some of your efforts. Thanks so much for sharing those. What an interesting idea to blend magic with vape tricks. Good luck with that.

I think Rick gave you the best advice, so I would concentrate on those steps. They sound deceptively simple, but to make an effect look seamless (and magical!), you have to keep looking for the weaker areas around those steps.

no one?

I think if I were you I'd focus on Rick's third idea with layering in more smoke to hide the slowed down frames. How does one "layer in more smoke?" I think you'll want to shoot a good billow of well-lit smoke against some duvetyne. Then, in After Effects, knock out the black with an Unmult plug-in. You now have some smoke you can use for a number of your tricks at your fingertips.

See if layering in more smoke might help that shot. Let us know how that goes.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maddalena8,

Sorry to see you struggling with this issue. Are you still having trouble with it? Please let us know how you are doing, or if you solved the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines