• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a Click-and-Drag, Common Adjustment

Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spend significant time using the clone-stamp tool, where it would be neat to hold down a key while dragging the mouse up or down to increase or decrease the size of the clone-stamp cursor (or "paint brush"). Believe I have read somewhere about the availability of a method to implement this. If one of you could point me to a workflow to accomplish this, I would be most grateful.

Best,

jwc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

On a mac it's

Control-Option-left click and drag left or right for size

up and down for hardness unless one unchecks Vary Round Brush Hardness based on Hud vertical movement in preferences>tools in which case drag up and down changes opacity.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/default-keyboard-shortcuts.html#keys_for_the_brush_panel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Alt+Right-Click hold them down then drag up down  and left and right

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but on my iMac el Capitan I get only the brush adjustment window, from which I can then, as normally, drag to increase/decrease the brush size. Was hoping to be able to drag and adjust the size directly rather than stopping to enter that little adjustment menu, etc.

jwc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac I would think then it would work with an Option+Right-click hold down then drag up down and right left. On windows I can change the size and hardness of both the brush tool and the clone stamp tool.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a mac it's

Control-Option-left click and drag left or right for size

up and down for hardness unless one unchecks Vary Round Brush Hardness based on Hud vertical movement in preferences>tools in which case drag up and down changes opacity.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/default-keyboard-shortcuts.html#keys_for_the_brush_panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect, thanks so much. This is going to be SO helpful going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines