• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Entries in Actions

Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished a tutorial that required selecting Handshake image and pasting into new image. I recorded my Actions while going thru the tutorial and played it back. No. problem. I did noticed that it recorded every correction I made in adding and subtracting to refine selection. Can I delete any of said entries?  Thanks for looking. Lucie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

You can delete any action steps by selecting them and then clicking on the trash icon, at the bottom of the actions panel. To select multiple steps you can hold down the Ctrl key (PC) or the cmd key (Mac) and click on each step.

But, are you sure you don't need these steps? The action recorded every step you took to refine the selection. If you delete these commands, the selection will look different when you run the action again.

My recommendation:

First deactivate (exclude) the particular steps i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you want to delete steps within a recorded action :

Click on the step to highlight it.

Go to the top right of the actions panel and click to get the drop down menu

Click on delete

I hope that helps you

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave, thanks so much for your response. I am just now going through Photoshop Essentials tutorials for the second time. I had to step back for a bit because there was much to remember. I now have a better understanding of the Selection tools, Recording Actions and saving to desktop. Just discovered Filter, Render, Lighting Effects (love it). Best yet I can Add/Subtract using the various Lasso tools. I actually don't know why I need to learn Photoshop at all, but I just want to. When I am a bit more comfortable, I will try applying some of this knowledge to the many family photos I have saved on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.
Contains

Example
Download

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks so much. I can't wait to go through the links you provided. I will get back to you soon and, again, many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete any action steps by selecting them and then clicking on the trash icon, at the bottom of the actions panel. To select multiple steps you can hold down the Ctrl key (PC) or the cmd key (Mac) and click on each step.

But, are you sure you don't need these steps? The action recorded every step you took to refine the selection. If you delete these commands, the selection will look different when you run the action again.

My recommendation:

First deactivate (exclude) the particular steps instead of deleting them. To deactivate a step, click the check mark to the left of the action step:

Then run the action again. Are you happy with the result? Then delete the excluded steps. If not, activate them again.

Regards

Panos Efstathiadis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. The tutorial required selecting an image, recording every stroke. Your response was most helpful. I am finally getting a feel for Photoshop--thanks to all the great tutorials and to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines