• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony RX100 V RAW plug in download

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop says RX100 V RAW can be recognized and others have said they've been able to update it.

I cannot.

I've opened the app and it said LR CC (2015) needed to be updated but Camera RAW CC is up to date. And, it doesn't recognize the files.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

What is your Destination set to? It is probably pointing to a folder that your username does not have Write permissions to.

Are you using a card reader or connecting the camera directly to the computer? If you are connecting the the camera to the computer try getting a card reader or the SD card slot on your iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

You need Lightroom CC 2015.8.

Confirm your version via Help (Win) or Lightroom (Mac) >About Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of LR are you using. Go to Help then About Adobe PS LR or System Info and post the exact version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 9.8 Mac. After updating Import recognizes ARW photos but won't preview them. I shot jpeg and RAW and the jpegs are not seen either. There are three folders on the card: DCIM, MP_Root, private. The photos are inside the DCIM folder inside the 10MDCF folder. The import took ten minutes for five shots and only the jpegs were imported.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated above, the camera raw version that you downloaded (version 9.8) does not impact LR.

You have to actually update to Lightroom 6.8/Lightroom CC 2015.8 to get Lightroom to recognize the RAWs from your camera. Use the Lightroom menu command Help->Updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, that's what I have. After failing a few times and changing nothing, now, it's recognizing the RAWs but will not import. The error message, see screen grab below "cannot be read or destination folder is not writable." I send all my pics to an aux hard drive, thousands. tried naming the folder first even sending it to my computer hard drive. It's a brand new iMac with plenty of space.

So frustrating.

Thank you for your continued advice.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Destination set to? It is probably pointing to a folder that your username does not have Write permissions to.

Are you using a card reader or connecting the camera directly to the computer? If you are connecting the the camera to the computer try getting a card reader or the SD card slot on your iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It WORKED. I was using a 2.0 card reader with the same cards I've used for a long time and it didn't work. I took your suggestion and moved it to the built in computer reader and it downloaded in a snap.

I did a test with new pix and it again, it wouldn't download from the reader but fine from the built-in. Then I switched to a different card and there was no problem. Both cards are SDHC but one is older than the other. The older card wouldn't import. Newer is Secure Digital. Older is SanDisk. So I'm getting rid of older cards, although I'm not sure why.

Many THANKS,

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera raw plug-in has no effect on Lightroom and what Lightroom will support. Lightroom, by itself, does not use the camera raw plug-in. It is only used when you open an image from Lightroom to Photoshop. In that instance, Photoshop activates camera raw convert the image. But you cannot update Lightroom with the camera raw plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines