• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create an vertical long scrolling pages interactive ePUB?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am creating an interactive ePUB in Adobe InDesign CC 2017. Normally, the sizes are, for example, width 768 px height 1024 px, but my idea was now to create an ePUB with scrolling pages. I am all day searching on the Internet for tutorials or any explanation. But so far I have not found the answer. To give you a better insight, below a picture of what I mean, an example a YouTube movie this is unfortunately a few years back and the option Folio Builder is no longer available on the version I InDesign now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1tSKXDFGSE&ab_channel=AdobeExperienceManager

09291f8c6665461d9ec0071100196e0c.png

screenshot 2017-01-21 om 21.55.03.jpg

The image above is an example how the ePUB looks now if I export from InDesign. Maybe useful to know, I have made it first in Photoshop and then exported as PNG. So in principle it is only a picture I have placed in InDesign. I hope there is someone who reads this and has a solution for my question!

In advance thanks for your time!

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Go to Ajar Productions » Universal Scrolling Frames for InDesign and download their free universal scrolling frames.

Then paste your long image into a frame and use their script.

That's all you need to make a scrolling frame in an FXL.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Ajar Productions » Universal Scrolling Frames for InDesign and download their free universal scrolling frames.

Then paste your long image into a frame and use their script.

That's all you need to make a scrolling frame in an FXL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg Sandee Cohen in ePUB interactivity preview it works perfectly, but as soon as I export to ePUB not. I use the script css, did you ever wonder what goes wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign EPUB forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only works with Fixed Layout EPub which is more advanced than regular ePub. Reflowable ePub doesn't do what you want at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's weird because when I export with fixed layout ePub, it still does not work, I also have the already changed the general settings a few times ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On what device have you tried it working. Because there is a difference in how it works on tablets versus computers. Use the scroll bar on the left to move it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandee, I think I know where it goes wrong. I think I don't use their script on the right way. Because I used this
as css during the export. Stupid.  😞

screenshot 2017-01-23 om 15.38.33.jpg

Can you please help me what I have to do after I've completed these steps below?

scrollframe_ani_demo.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just use the universal scrolling frames panel after running the installer (which is what you have highlighted there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must export to fixed layout epub and you must use a reader capable of rendering fixed layout epubs. iBooks on Mac and Readium for Chrome on Windows would be my top two picks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or Adobe Digital Editions for either Mac or Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DPS was dropped from InDesign after CC2014.

Try Publish Online or In5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines