• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I use the Spot Removal tool there is color distortion

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the spot removal tool for heal or clone, it doesn't copy the colors correctly. It's almost like a heat map. I have no clue why this started happening. I've attached an image with an example... Help?

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 8.28.34 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a "before" image.

Not quite sure if you are trying to remove or add in the 5th bottle?

And to be frank this large scale clone/removal work is probably best left to Photoshop for best results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for replying! In the example I am "adding" the fifth bottle. That isn't really what I want to do in this project, but it was an easy way to show the discoloration I meant. It happens no matter how big or small the clone spot is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given the blue background and the blue coming through, my first thought is to make sure the opacity is set to 100%.

However, I don't think this is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not opacity. That is at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom isn't the program you should be using for this task. This is something done better in Photoshop.

The Spot "REMOVAL" tool is to Remove Spots not add something to an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not trying to add something to this photo. I was just using that photo above as an easy example of what happens. I am trying to use spot removal in the same way that I always have, but now, it discolors the source area.

Future posters: I AM NOT TRYING TO ACTUALLY MOVE THE SRIRACHA BOTTLE. This is just an easy to see example of what happens when trying small spot removals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kealanic62463273 wrote:

...Future posters: I AM NOT TRYING TO ACTUALLY MOVE THE SRIRACHA BOTTLE. This is just an easy to see example of what happens when trying small spot removals.

Actually, the example is more confusing than helpful.  Please post a screenshot of the problem where you try to remove a small spot.  It will give us a better idea as to what might be happening.

Also, please provide the exact version of Lightroom and your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the original posted screenshot it appears that the Spot Removal tool is set for 'Heal' mode. If you switch to 'Clone' mode it should look very similar to the area being cloned. If not I suggest resetting the LR Preferences file:

How to set Lightroom preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines