• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating an e-magazine with hyperlinks no clicky help?

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating an e-magazine with hyperlinks to the Co. website in the folio of the pages. Everything was going good until now. 1.) the options where i was putting the website is no longer in the pop-up menu. It just says cross references. 2) If I am able to make a link, via dropdown menu, its coming up unavailable upon saving..Hope this makes sense.:) help

Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 9.29.39 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

First Go to Window > Workspace and choose Reset Essentials from the Workspace menu. (If you don't have Reset Essentials, choose Essentials and then Reset Essentials.)

If that doesn't work, we'll try resetting your preferences which is to restart InDesign and then IMMEDIATELY press and hold CMD-OPT-SHIFT-CONTROL on the Mac or CTRL-ALT-SHIFT on Windows and then click Yes to resetting the preferences. Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Forum Lounge is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opps I'm sorry I didn't notice, In Indesign.

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign are you using? I ask because there was a version where x-refs and hyperlinks were in the same panel. And you may just have the wrong side visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using CS6, and yes I think they were/are in the same panel, I just can't seem to bring the hyperlinks back though. Any ideas left?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First Go to Window > Workspace and choose Reset Essentials from the Workspace menu. (If you don't have Reset Essentials, choose Essentials and then Reset Essentials.)

If that doesn't work, we'll try resetting your preferences which is to restart InDesign and then IMMEDIATELY press and hold CMD-OPT-SHIFT-CONTROL on the Mac or CTRL-ALT-SHIFT on Windows and then click Yes to resetting the preferences. Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! the first option did sort of it gave me the option to add links again but not in the "shortcut window"This will do for now as I am closing it up tonight. When I am finished with the project I will do a hard reset of indesign. thanks again..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandee since I have your attention, would you know, since this is going to be an interactive PDF, is there a way or DO I have to flatten the file? When I click on the PDF file that I created, it's individual art pieces is there a way to prevent this?..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't have to flatten the file. The individual images are expected for the PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines