Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop JPG export size

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I edit a raw file imported from Lightroom and do needed editing finally I export as JPG for the client and say the file size is 21-28Mb, after the export I might add a color balance layer and contrast layer and then want to export the file again as JPG with a slightly different look but when I export the second time the file size of the JPG is drastically reduced to something stupid like 6Mb??????????? I am at breaking point with this? I don't do any changes in export setting or anything and I use export as then select JPG.

Can anybody help please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21-28Mb sounds high for a JPG.  What was the pixel size and complex is the image?  (busy images obviously don't compress so well with JPG)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image size is 2909x4364 pixel 240 pixel per inch, it is a portrait of father and son with trees blurred out in background, the original raw file size is 28 mb and when doing initial export size is 21 mb with the second export the size then reduced to 8,1 mb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the initial export creates a JPG file?

8mb sounds about right for a JPG of the size and resolution and 28mb sounds about right for a RAW file that size.

Does it matter how big the file size is as long as the picture looks good?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMG_0552.JPG

This is a pic of the files that I saved from the first export. In response to whether the file size matters, is I would just like to make sure I am giving the client a high quality file if they want to print it themselves at some stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines