• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't Import

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Begging for help - lightroom won't import any photos - I've tried to import pictures from my computer and from a SD card.  I click the import button and nothing shows up anywhere.  Please help.

Lightroom 5.7

Macbook OS Sierra 10.12.2

Canon 6D

Addy B

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Then Delete the LR reference file. Close LR and use this link to find the preference file and delete it. When you open LR it will be rebuilt.

Where to find preference files for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the error message you receive and or what happens exactly when you click the Import button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 4.56.58 PM.png

I don't get any message - everything is "grayed" out and no images show in the center as shown in the screen shot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the Top "EOS_Digital" entry and see what shows up. Also put a check mark in the "Included Subfolders".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicked on top "EOS - Digital" and checked subfolders - still the same - no images show in the center.

This is a new issue - I have imported many images in the past and all of a sudden this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then maybe either the card or the reader you are using is faulty. Are you using a card reader or connecting the camera directly to the computer? If you are connecting the camera try a card reader. If you are already using a card reader then first try a different SD card and take a few shots. If that fails then try a different card reader or connect the camera directly to the computer.

What is happening is LR is not seeing any images on the card.

You shoudl also try copying the images from the card/camera to a folder you create on your hard drive with the Fine Manager for your OS and then try to import the images into LR from that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still exists when I try to import images from the computer however. 

Again as you can see from the screen shot - no images show in the center.  I checked to include subfolders and "don't import duplicates" just to be sure.  Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 5.43.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then Delete the LR reference file. Close LR and use this link to find the preference file and delete it. When you open LR it will be rebuilt.

Where to find preference files for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to have solved the problem . . . THANK YOU!   I so appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have deleted the reference files, restarted my computer. Now when I go to import, it hangs at the import stage, and does not import. I am using Lightroom 5.7.1 and Mac OS 10.15. Would love any help to figure out how to get my files to import. It seems to have started not importing after upgrading to 10.15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also there is a update for LR 5 to 5.7.1. You can find it here.

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the update to 5.7.1 and nothing changed - still can't import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines