• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pattern Brush Align to Cursor

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Photoshop manual it says this about the alignment settings of the pattern stamp tool: "If Aligned is deselected, the pattern is centered on the pointer each time you stop and resume painting."

I have an effect I want to create that relies on this feature but the pattern stamp doesn't seem to function like this for me. I've created a pattern that's blue with a white dot in the centre to test this out.

Adobe-Help.jpg

What you can see in the screenshot is me clicking one at a time with the pattern stamp tool using my test pattern with align unchecked and you can see it's pretty much random where the pattern is going to land relative to my cursor.
Is there some hidden setting about pattern offset or something that I don't know about or is this just the way the pattern stamp works?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

I figured out a work around using the clone stamp. It's not as convenient as what I want and it still kind of bugs me that the manual is wrong but whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured out a work around using the clone stamp. It's not as convenient as what I want and it still kind of bugs me that the manual is wrong but whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines