• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to install or convert a PS .ATN to work in AE?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm old time PS user but I'm increasingly finding myself addicted to AE and am wondering if I have a .ATN file is there a way to have it function in AE?

Glow, The o'jays and Photos on Pinterest  is the preset I have but am I only imited to using it in PS animation mode or can it be encoded to work with the rest of the adobe family?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

AE doesn't have anything like actions. You would have to create a script to apply a specific number of consecutive steps. However, for something like that it is far from necessary. That looks very much like standard effects stuff - invert image, apply some thresholds, tonemap it, apply some glow. Possibly duplicate layers and belnding modes may be involved, but really, it's basic bog standard stuff you can create by stacking a few native effects in AE. For reusability you would save these setups

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE doesn't have anything like actions. You would have to create a script to apply a specific number of consecutive steps. However, for something like that it is far from necessary. That looks very much like standard effects stuff - invert image, apply some thresholds, tonemap it, apply some glow. Possibly duplicate layers and belnding modes may be involved, but really, it's basic bog standard stuff you can create by stacking a few native effects in AE. For reusability you would save these setups as animation presets. Generally you must get away from thinking that things in AE would be done in any way like in PS. Clearing your mind of some preconceptions might actually make it easier to adapt and recognize required steps using native methods in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submit this as a feature request!

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What AE does have are Animation and Effect presets. So, once you've set something up that you like, you can save it as a preset and apply it any time in the future. The nice thing about presets is that everything is still live, so you can change stuff if it doesn't quite work for you as is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines