Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need tips on splash

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

so I made a coinflip in element 3D from top view just the coin coming up and then down whilst flipping thats all. Now I need this to land in a bowl of sauce and then the splash of the sauce filling the whole screen so I can transition to the next part. I can get a bowl model, but anyone know how I can do the sauce and the splash part? anyone got any tips? remember its only from top view so its practically 2D almost.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

quinten

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

look for Stock footages of splash/splatter and composite that into the scene. Many vfx sites film these type of elements on black/white background and sell them. Some even key it out for you. do a research and find the right one..

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you could have a bit of fun and buy a pot of ketchup, wall paint or whatever and film it? You know, exploding balloons splashing against a glass plate and that stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha well that's creative but it's a motion design little intro, so it's not meant to be realistic. Besides it needs to be done by tonight and it's sunday; shops closed

Maybe you got a preset or video of a splash filling the screen? or anyone? would help me out tremendously

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What Roei said. You can also use CC Mr. Mercury or other particle systems. It's easy to "blobbify" stuff by blurring it and then recovering edges with adjustments and Find Edges filters and then smear it together using Vector Blur. Even simple animated masks should be doable, depending on how many spalts you actually need. Wouldn't be too difficult to animate a handful big ones to cover up the screen.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

look for Stock footages of splash/splatter and composite that into the scene. Many vfx sites film these type of elements on black/white background and sell them. Some even key it out for you. do a research and find the right one..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines