• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Site only loads when I refresh, could be typekit blocking something?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've built the following site in muse:

http://www.londonfuneralsingers.co.uk

When I try to load the site, the background and social media buttons load, but nothing else appears. When I refresh the page, the rest of the content loads.

I think this might have something to do with typekit, or jquery, but I'm not experienced enough in code to understand what's going on. Would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction, as I have quite a high bounce rate!

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

fyi loads first time... nice design!

Screenshot (645).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I fear, it is not TypeKit.

Since Muse 2015.2 Muse uses a better loading script – asynchronously loading –, which accelerates the loading times of your site.

Unfortunately there are some older widgets, which do not honour this modification.

In regard to a certain widget, a member of the Muse team, Razvan COTLARCIUC​ (perhaps he chimes in here), explained this technically as follows: "In 2015.2 Muse started using RequireJS to asynchronously load external JavaScript libraries. The intent was to improve the page loading speed (asynchronous loading allows multiple scripts to be loaded in parallel). This means that $(window).load(...) is now triggered faster since the page loading/rendering is not being blocked anymore by all the scrips that need to be downloaded and run.

Unfortunately, the custom widget that is being used in this web page is relying solely on $(window).load(...) to initialize the widget. Since the $(window).load(...) is now being fired before the rest of the libraries were loaded and initialized (including the library that relocates the HTML code for the widget from the infinity breakpoint to the current visible one), that init code ends up running on the infinity breakpoint. The problem "fixes" itself if a refresh is being triggered (by a page resize); in this case, the code that updates the appearance of the widget runs after the responsive library was loaded/executed, and correctly updates the HTML from the visible breakpoint."

You may try the following:

Delete your 3rd party widgets one by one and always upload your site to control page load. So, you may find the "bad behaving" widget and ask the vendor for an update.

By the way: I find your linked website very nice  and clean! Congratulations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your detailed reply Günter. I think it was a third party widget that was causing the problem - I bought a different audio player widget and it seems to be working fine.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fyi loads first time... nice design!

Screenshot (645).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

site loads without any issue.

The London Funeral Singers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines