• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Startup Freeze

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the trial version for Photoshop and opened up Creative Cloud. I try and launch Photoshop and after like 5 seconds, Windows starts searching for a solution and makes me close the program. I did some research and nothing worked. I tried the Ctrl+Shift+Alt thing and it did nothing. I don't get the limited access error. Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Ok, try this:

1. Please, start Command Prompt as an administrator by right-clicking it and select Run as administrator.

2. Enter this command to reset the network adapter (end with the Enter key):

netsh winsock reset

3. Restart the computer.

4. Please, delete these two files:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\LavasoftTcpService.dll (only for 64-bit Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First check Windows Programs and Features list. Is there a program called "Web Companion"? If so, uninstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Web Companion and it still automatically stops working and Windows starts searching for a solution and fails. I read about the lavasoft thing and I'm sure that helped something else but this still isn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshot.Screenshot (69).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried restarting your PC now that you removed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nope. Not sure what it could be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to check the crash report for the "Faulting Module".

Here's how:

What you want to do is to get into the Windows Event Viewer.  On a modern system you can hit Start then type event log into the search box, then when View event logs comes up, click it.

A Photoshop crash will be in the Windows Logs - Application section as an Application Error.

You'll want to copy the textual description, which should include the Faulting module, and paste it here.  Usually the Faulting module tells us what part of your system is failing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 18.0.1.29, time stamp: 0x583e911d

Faulting module name: LavasoftTcpService64.dll, version: 2.3.4.2, time stamp: 0x553aaf1b

Exception code: 0xc0000095

This doesn't seem right because I for sure deleted the Lavasoft Software. Here's a screenshot.Screenshot (70).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, try this:

1. Please, start Command Prompt as an administrator by right-clicking it and select Run as administrator.

2. Enter this command to reset the network adapter (end with the Enter key):

netsh winsock reset

3. Restart the computer.

4. Please, delete these two files:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\LavasoftTcpService.dll (only for 64-bit Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure. Uninstalling via the Control Panel should have removed the Lavasoft DLLs, but in your case it missed them.

Glad it's over with.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines