Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Render Blurry on YouTube

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to render this clip out for a video but it just seems blurry, especially the last part when it zooms on the face

Top 5 Transitions 1 - YouTube

It looks amazing on my computer but uploaded, no good!

I have rendered it at 4K and h.264, with 20 target 30 max as well as rendering it at 1080p with the same settings, nothing seems to make a differenc. I have the source file for the video which is perfect quality but on YouTube it just doesn't look great, any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Adobe Media Encoder and the YouTube Presets? Do you realize that YouTube will re-compress your footage and deliver it at what they feel is an optimal frame rate and frame size based on the connection speed? Almost all streaming services will re-compress your footage and the quality will suffer greatly if you do not follow their guidelines. Without complete workflow details and project specifications it's not very easy to say what is going on but I suspect that something in your render does not match the YouTube specs so they are re-compressing it and adding artifacts. 

4K is generally not accessible to most of the public because of their connection speed. 60p is also generally not a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I did use the presets prior to trying my own settings and the result was the same. I was then advised to try render at 4K and it produced the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think YouTube is just re-compressing your footage. Try putting it up on Vimeo. The color levels look awfully hot to me and that could be causing edge artifacts. I'm also wondering if you have pushed into (scales) the original footage because this shot has no edge artifacts:

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 10.21.23 AM.png

and this on does. It looks like scaling + compression artifacts to me:

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 10.22.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GurmeetS,

Did Rick's advice help you get better looking footage on YouTube or Vimeo? Please let us know or if you need additional assistance.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines