• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So Stock sent me this email..."You've captured it. Now sell it."

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was innocently checking my emails when I saw the subject: "You've captured it. Now sell it."

It ran through my head some of the close-ups of flowers I had taken with my phone the note lll.  I thought hey maybe I can take time out and upload a few of my nifty pictures as this email is suggesting.

But then it revealed itself...correct me if I am wrong here:  After I uploaded, I got declined, too much noise, so I got into the Gimp (I really didn't have time for all this.) and I removed the noise.  After re-submit a new email came and it said "Declined" I looked thinking "what now" and it said out of focus.  I thought about that and it hit me.  They want professional photographers to upload professional photo's.  Not me with my hard drive and phone drive full of pictures.  Unless of course I buy their programs and labs that will fix my pictures...in other words if you are not a pro we can help.

Myself, I believe it is just too much of an undertaken to be apart of this Adobe Stock Contributor website, I buy stock photo's for my marketing often but we non-pro's in the photography world probably don't have the time to apease Adobe, so why did I get this email that seemed so innocient at first, ie Just upload your pics and we will list them for sale?  Why didn't the email advise about the strictness and prestiege that will be required?  Why didn't adobe send me to a tool to scan my photo's to see if they could pass before uploading them?  Sorry this question came out so long.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Hi Jon,

Unfortunately, inviting contributors to upload content does not guarantee that all their content will be accepted, especially if it isn't good quality.

It would be useful if you could tell us what is the file number that got declined so we can take a look at it for you.

Further I would advise you to refer Rejection reasons

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

Unfortunately, inviting contributors to upload content does not guarantee that all their content will be accepted, especially if it isn't good quality.

It would be useful if you could tell us what is the file number that got declined so we can take a look at it for you.

Further I would advise you to refer Rejection reasons

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply Sheena, I get that. (Needs to be good quality) But I wanted to bring it up anyway to see what is said about how the email came off.  The picture didn't have a focus issue until I removed the noise.  But it was not one of the ones I like from my pics anyway, I just wanted upload anything to see, in this case it was a picture of the cat lying on the bench and looking into the camera.

I think the only way for me to feel confident in uploading acceptable pics, that I had better not use the phone but a pro Nikon or something used for the field of photography.  Non-the-less I will upload what I think is a much better shot and see if they accept that, its good testing, the feed back tells me things....but I have very little time to mess with it aside from my work anyway.

My main hopes was that instead of uploading and waiting to see the answer, how about a tool that we can use to check the file over by say scanning and other checking of properties, dpi etc.. and then get feedback from the tool.  But a program like that would need to exist right?

J.F.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the feedback and I really appreciate your participation to our Contributor program.

I think, to be a picture contributor you don't need Photoshop or any other image editing software (from Adobe or any other company). It is much better if you upload images without any alteration or edition. It is possible and some contributors choose to do so, but in most cases, the image buyers will want to find the image as neutral as possible so they can edit them themselves. Furthermore, in my opinion, technical and noise problems can never be resolved fully using software. For an image to be good (or at least technically acceptable) it's much better to take time to select the correct settings on the camera (and indeed it is much better to use a real camera than a smartphone).

Also, your image was declined first for too much noise issue and then for being out of focus. But you can always use our Adobe CC apps to correct those issues.

I would still want to see more images come from you.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so... on the one hand...

in my opinion, technical and noise problems can never be resolved fully using software

but on the other...

you can always use our Adobe CC apps to correct those issues.

You can't have it both ways Sheena! I don't think any pro photographer would ever agree that you can fix focus using any Adobe product. Any pro knows that if the focus is out, you bin it and try again, not attempt to mess with it for hours in PS or LR.

IMO, if you are attempting to submit for stock via photos taken on your phone, you are in for a long frustrating and ultimately fruitless ride. At the end of the day, when someone searches for "cat", you have to ask yourself, what's going to make my image rise to the top of the pile and then persuade a buyer to choose it over the thousands of others available. Phone images start out wrong because they shoot JPG not RAW files and are therefore have already started the slide to compromise by being compressed. Very hard to recover from that.

Even Adobe CC apps can't do that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines