• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Cc 2017 Crashes on start

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Photoshop has been running problem free even with updates etc no problem at all. Windows 10 just had a large update and now it won't start at all. Anyone with similar issues or know a fix? Thanks very much for reading. Allan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

That file comes from a program called "Web Companion". Best to uninstall the whole thing from Programs and Features. You want it all out, not just the DLL.

Restart your computer afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO it clearly has something to do with the Windows update. What that is I have no idea. Go to the folder that holds the Photoshop.exe file and right click on it and set it to Run as Admin. See if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to control panel/administrative tools/event viewer/windows logs/application and find the application error.

"copy details as text" and post them here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 18.0.1.29, time stamp: 0x583e911d

Faulting module name: LavasoftTcpService64.dll, version: 2.3.4.7, time stamp: 0x555dc671

Exception code: 0xc0000095

Fault offset: 0x0000000000008902

Faulting process ID: 0x1414

Faulting application start time: 0x01d274c4ef5a3e95

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll

Report ID: 8b98ec33-b397-49b2-9ce2-6303df4d8111

Faulting package full name:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it has something to do with the LavaSoft entry. I don't have that on my system but I am using Window 7 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the file and rename it

Reboot your system

You should be fine

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jbm007, I have the same problem, which is the file to rename??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That file comes from a program called "Web Companion". Best to uninstall the whole thing from Programs and Features. You want it all out, not just the DLL.

Restart your computer afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You so much for your time and help it is really appreciated. Allan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome Glad to know you are back in business.

Maybe this might help you find a good AV.

The Best Antivirus Protection of 2017 | PCMag.com

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys I eventually solved the problem I have no idea why the Windows 10 update caused the intitial problem but with the Lavasoft clue I looked for what Lavasoft software I had and it was adaware and Web Companion. I tried reinstalling photoshop but no difference but once I removed The Lavasoft software Photoshop CC 2017 is now running. I just need new antivirus software now lol Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines