• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Hanging

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope someone can help me.  It's unfortunate that I can't get direct help even though I BOUGHT the download instead of the cloud version of Lightroom.  Now that I've gotten that out of my system... When I tried to access plug-ins by right-clicking on a photo, Lightroom freezes.  The only thing I can do to restart my computer.  If you have a solution, please explain it to me like I'm a 4 year old.  I'm a little old grey-haired lady who is not a software tech!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of whether you have the cloud version or downloaded the version that you purchased outright, you have the SAME program, installed by the SAME installer, installed the SAME way on your computer. The first thing I would suggest that you try is to turn off GPU acceleration in your Lightroom preferences to see if that helps the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.  As I mentioned, I'm not a computer person... can you tell me how to turn off the GPU acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Lightroom menu, go to the Lightroom preferences. Then click on the performance tab and uncheck the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

Tried it and it didn't work.  I can't access any plug-in.  Can you think of anything else I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines