• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 keeps opening same file on startup

Explorer ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Photoshop CS6 13.1.2 on a mid 2010 MacPro running OS/X 10.8.3.  Everytime I start up Photoshop it also opens up a .psb image file which was editing some time ago.  I don't want it opening on startup.

I have tried:

1.  Closing the tab

2.  File/Close

and then exiting Photoshop and starting up again.  The file sill loads.

3.  Command-Option-Shift on startup to reset Photoshop.  The file stil loads.

How do I stop this file from loading automatically on startup?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

It does sound like an orphaned auto-recovery file. Next time it opens, right-click on the document tab and pick Reveal in Finder. Close Photoshop, trash the file then relaunch Photoshop to find the pest has gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into your scratch file and delete it.  Sounds like the autorecovery file is not being deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does sound like an orphaned auto-recovery file. Next time it opens, right-click on the document tab and pick Reveal in Finder. Close Photoshop, trash the file then relaunch Photoshop to find the pest has gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@

conroy

Thanx man it helped me (Y)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the poll says this isn't answered?, this solved the issue perfectly, BTW, thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'm so happy to finally get rid of that pesky image!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using osx10.7.5. I can't find any auto-recover folder, scratch file, and cannot "right click" on a mac. Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click the document name on the bar and hold the cmd button and select the folder 'auto recover'. this will open the folder where you can delete or move the file that keeps opening on startup. Hope this helps.Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 20.18.59.png@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only took me a YEAR to find these!! THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines