Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding buy button to item with multiple colours/sizes

Participant ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I'm creating my first site in Muse after moving from the now defunct Freeway Pro and also creating my first 'proper' e-commerce site. So, in addition to learning a whole new way of creating the site, I need to get my head around payment gateways/shopping baskets etc. I have no doubt there will be many other questions but initially: how do I add buy buttons for a single item that has different configurations - size/colours etc. I realise that it will be a widget, but which one does anyone think suits best and works with UK currency? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

There are many shopping carts. I think I researched them all!

I ended up going with Ecwid but like I said there are many carts and all the buy buttons, colors, pricing, etc. would be configured on the shopping cart side of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many shopping carts. I think I researched them all!

I ended up going with Ecwid but like I said there are many carts and all the buy buttons, colors, pricing, etc. would be configured on the shopping cart side of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks linda8375

After I posted the message I found Ecwid but I wasn't so keen on what appeared to be the regimented way that the products had to be laid out. I was more looking for something where there was an 'add to cart' button and a separate cart, not something that imposed it's own layout as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what you mean. Tough to find. I customized Ecwid's CSS to suit my layout needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ecwid is a solid option for anything like this. They offer merchants tons of product customizability and options so adding size and color options to clothing is totally possible. In their demo, they actually show how you can add these kind of options to products.

Ecwid gives you code that you can embed in your store, but if you're wanting to use a widget to make things a little easier and adds a few more options, these ones are free.

There is also a paid version that gives you 300+ customizable options that have been used to build some awesome stores. Here are some of my favorites:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second what J-26 says, I have all of his widgets. Now I just have to figure out how to use them in my site. I know how to use the widgets, Just not how to properly place them in website. Do I put them on like the home page? Do i have to do it for multiple pages? Like I can super confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you drop the widgets onto the relevant page then link it to Ecwid (which you need to set up separately). I'd recommend populating  Ecwid with at least some of your categories and products first before starting in Muse. After that, you'd be better viewing the J-26 videos and studying the instructions. Some of it isn't too clear at first but after some trial and error it all starts to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I kind of get it. Can I add you on skype or something? I have a few more questions I want to ask, but I wanted to get some visual help as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines