• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and multiple graphic drivers

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a new , top of the line Dell laptop that has two graphic drivers. I am using Lightroom CC which is current and I am having a problem with the Slideshow feature. When trying to view, download a video , or set up a preview with a set of photos I was able to use on my older laptop (so I know I have them set up correctly), I get a trouble message that says that LR can not function with two graphic drivers and that one of my drivers is not supported. I contacted the Adobe help desk (like you guys, they are always helpful), but they were not able to suggest anything except to disable one of the drivers. My local tech support shop tried this without luck and says that it would also complicate other features on my laptop. The two drivers I have are Intel HD Graphics 530 and NVIDIA geforce GTX 970M.

I have two questions;

1- Have you folks run up against this problem and do you know of a fix?
and
2- Is there a route I can take to contact Adobe to alert them to this problem and ask them to address it in an upcoming upgrade? If so, who do I contact and how?

Many of the new PC's, laptops, etc are now equipped with two graphic drivers so this will become an increasing problem.

Thanks for your assistance.

regards,
Gordon Lorig

--

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Lightroom uses only one GPU at this time.

You can suggest feature improvements at: Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  The FAQ solution does not work. Adobe admits that this is a problem.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Gordon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom uses only one GPU at this time.

You can suggest feature improvements at: Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised you're having this issue with the Slideshow module since the current GPU implementation is only used in the Develop module. What happens if you go to Edit Preferences> Performance and uncheck 'Use Graphics Processor?'

1) Try updating the Intel and Nvdia drivers as outlined at the link provided: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ scroll down to 'Update your graphics card driver.'

2) Try the solution at this Lenovo site link: How to switch between Nvidia and Intel Onboard Graphics - Idea laptops - Lenovo Support The GPU implementation should be similar on your Dell laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  The FAQ solution does not work. Adobe  admits that this is a problem.

Thanks,

Gordon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try disabling the integrated Intel HD Graphics 530 as outlined at the FAQ:

Additional information

• The Develop module is the only module that currently uses GPU acceleration. Commands and processes outside the Develop module aren't affected. For example, the commands for merging multiple images to create HDR files or panoramas don't use GPU.
  • Only the "Main" Lightroom window is accelerated. The "Secondary" window isn't accelerated by GPU.
  • Using more than one graphics processor / graphics card doesn't enhance performance.

If you're using more than one graphics card in Windows, your high-end card might not be set as the primary card. To disable the lesser of the two cards, in the Windows Device Manager, right-click the
card's name and choose Disable.

Disabling a graphics card

Lightroom GPU troubleshooting  

For instructions on how to set a specific card to be the primary graphics card on Windows, consult the graphics card manufacturer's driver documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Both me and my local computer service expert tried without any change in the problem. I discussed this with the Adobe help desk and they could not give me any other advice other than they are aware of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines