Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premier Elements 10 video not working

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hoping someone may help. I have just purchased a new PC and loaded on my copy of Premier Elements 10. All appears to work however when I import media and play it I only get sound and no visual. See example below. It also bugs out when I try and change the size of the preview box (example below)

Here is a copy of my specs for new PC. Drivers have been updated. I have also downloaded a trial copy of Premier Pro CC 2017 and this works fine. Has this something to do with not being compatible with Win 10?

Thanks

System Components:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First guess it that your six year old copy of Premier Elements 10 needed Apple's Quicktime for the codecs.  Did you install it on your new PC?  Note that there are reports that Apple no longer supports Quicktime for Windows and it may have some holes in it for hackers.  There are ways to install it safely, but the better choice may be to buck up and buy a new version of Premier Elements!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No have not installed but I think your second suggestion is better. Buckling up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, some versions of Premiere Elements (including version 10) did have a bit of a video lag problem, as you're seeing.

This problem was addressed in version 14 and has been virtually eliminated.

Meantime, make sure you've got the latest drivers from nVidia for your graphics card. (Don't accept the Windows driver.) And, as Bill says, make sure you have Quicktime 7's components installed, even if you opt to disable the Quicktime Player itself for security reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines