• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loop Multiple Images Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly new to InDesign and want to create, for lack of a better term, a slideshow on a page.  I have 8 images (overlapping one another, like a slideshow would) I would like to rotate, but don't want it to stop, but keep rotating the images until someone leaves the page.  However, I can't figure out how to loop them from the animations/timing panel without it looping the 1st image over and over.  I have 8 separate images, created an individual animation for each, but can't find where to group it or delay it where the 1st image would wait for the sequence to finish and then start up again.  Any suggestions? I'm using the latest version of ID.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

It is not that easy, you will need an adjusted preset and the timing panel. I wrote a blog on this, however it is in Dutch but maybe it can help you:

F vd Geest DTP: Auto slide show met loop in FXL ePub en Publish Online

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your intended output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to publish it online using the "Publish Online" and sending the link out to the intended audience.  

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not that easy, you will need an adjusted preset and the timing panel. I wrote a blog on this, however it is in Dutch but maybe it can help you:

F vd Geest DTP: Auto slide show met loop in FXL ePub en Publish Online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I will attempt it!  Thank you for sharing an example.  This is EXACTLY what I was looking to do.   I will let you know how it turns out!

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I put everything together, but it doesn't loop. It stops at the end of the 8 images.  Any suggestions?  When I put the loop on, it shows the #1 image over and over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind!  I think I found out why.  I had the timing on the animation messed up. 

Thank you again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example to download, you can have a look at all settings in this document:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwv1k69hqz2tvkw/slideshow%20map.zip?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY!! A solution. Thank you for your xml script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make it go faster? I tried modifying settings but it's not optimal. Thanks!

Is there an easily changeable value in xml file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make it go faster? I tried modifying settings but it's not optimal. Thanks!

Is there an easily changeable value in xml file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Helo Frans, is your preset still available to download? It doesn't seem to be on DropBox anymore...

Thanks,

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines