Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects/C4D on imac 5k / Sierra = Very slow

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I know this issue has been discussed before but I'm still looking for an answer to my problem.

I'm running the latest version of After Effects CC (14.0.1.5), OS Sierra (10.12.2) .

My machine :

iMac 5k - late 2015

4 GHz intel i7

32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon r9 M395X 4096 MB

250 GB Flash Storage

Example of the problem :

I start AE, I create a composition, then a new Cinema 4D layer. This is where my problems begin, spinning wheel is showing and I take up to 20 seconds before C4D reacts. I create a simple object, a cube, I save my C4D document and then return to AE. I can't see the cube, only a black layer is showing up.

In Cineware, the renderer is set to Software, if I set it to Standard (Draft or final) I can see the cube but I can't work, everything I do make the wheel spinning, it is very slow.

I tried a lot of things :

- Changed resolution/fast previews of the comp

- Playing with the Cineware Port - I scanned the ports and 5030 is open - surfpass

- Uninstall / Reinstall AE

- Flush all my third party plugins

- Turn off WI-FI and Ethernet

- Purge Memory

I always get the same result, a very slow result...

I know an iMac is not the perfect machine for 3D rendering, but I think there's a problem somewhere...

If someone can help, it would be greatly appreciated !

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried this week's update yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I updated everything, my AE version is now 14.1.0.57, C4D lite is 16.038.

I event uninstalled AE, delete preferences of both applications, re-install it with same result.

If I try to import c4d file or create a new c4d layer I got the same problems. Wheel is pinning for about 10 seconds, I got a black layer if my Cineware render is set to Software or everything got very slow if I set it to Standard (Draft). And when I say very slow, I mean you, can't work in these conditions.

But on the C4D side, everything's OK, the application running normally, the problems occur when I switch to AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do your symptoms match those of this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have any Admin issues, but yes, there's a lot of similarities.

I did more tests yesterday with another computer, a macbook pro with a Nvidia card, I updated to the latest version of AE CC. everything's working fine. So I'm starting to think that it's maybe a hardware problem. The iMac I'm using have a AMD Radeon card. But I don't have any issue when I'm working directly in C4D...

I also noticed that if I play with the new Composition settings and choose Cinema 4D in the 3D renderer option, I got a message telling me that an older Cinema 4D render engine is running. I know this is for the new 3D engine in AE but maybe it's linked to my problem.

warning.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about this C4D issue. Are you still experiencing this problem FGenois? If so, please let us know. Please also file a bug detailing your issues here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue!

cannot fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, I think the problem is the Mac Os 10.12 because I was tried on 10.10 , Its working well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines