• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer mask adding blocks of pixels

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was doing some basic portrait editing, whitening teeth eyes using curves adjustments and masks. It all seems to go well, but somewhere in the process Ps begins to add blocks of pixels to my mask for no apparent reason. Here is a picture to what happens. Any solutions? I am fairly new to Ps, but this seems very strange. I have started my project over three times now and it is reoccurring with the unwanted addition happening in different locations. Thanks

pixels_added.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Hi Macy,

Could you please try unchecking Use Graphic Processor under Photoshop Preferences > Performance then relaunch photoshop?

Please let us know about the outcome.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are two more images showing the effect. I am just adding curves adjustment layers with masks to whiten teeth and eyes, but when I get to about th 3rd or 4th layer Ps appears to be making unwanted adjustments to layers below. This masking appears that it will show up and be saved to the image. Again I am not sure why this is happening. The very last layer/mask called Curves 1 was made using a very small selection of the eyes and does not show on the mask ( I am dodging eyes)...would Ps get confused about such a small selection and try to modify the one below? Any help would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 3.04.15 PM copy.jpgScreen Shot 2017-01-14 at 3.04.39 PM copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Macy,

Could you please try unchecking Use Graphic Processor under Photoshop Preferences > Performance then relaunch photoshop?

Please let us know about the outcome.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. I've unchecked Use Graphics Processor, and restarted.  I've seen that if I go into each of the affected layers and just click around with the brush tool the original detailed mask will appear again. I have multiple masked adjustment layers throught many images, and it's time consuming to continuously "fix" this viewing issue - is there another solution? I'm working off of a M2 chip with plently of space, but this issue was happening on my other computer as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines