• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incredibly slow preformance since 14.1

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per usual with AE updates, its one step forward and two steps back.

Since updating my performance in AE and render times in AME has decreased almost tenfold, renders take hours (that before took minutes).

I've tried changing to OpenCL, Metal and Software, reseting settings, emptying chaces, reinstalling, reseting SMC etc. No luck.

Im just wondering if anyone else is having this problem? I presume ill just have to go back to 14.0 in the meantime.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016)

2,9 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB

macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have earlier (CC 2015.3, CC 2014) handy to test on?

What is in your project?

I haven't noticed a decrease in performance between 14.0.1 and 14.1.0 on my Mac or Windows machines. I haven't noticed an increase in performance either (other than some workflow-hurting bugs being fixed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i've installed the previous versions and they work fine. Guess i'm just gonna have to wait until the next one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't hold your breath.  Adobe appears incapable of producing software that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not helpful, Dave. The past few releases have been quite good for a majority of people. Frustrating issues like the one in this thread (awful as they are) are outliers. Saying doom and gloom things like that will just discourage people from pushing Adobe to make better software or from further troubleshooting.

Wimbus​, I'm glad the older version(s) are working for you. This means there is either some sort of setting that's awry in the new version (whether something you can easily change yourself or something that went wrong during install) or some sort of bug.

First thing I would suggest would be to trash the preferences on that new version to see if it fixes it (hold Command+Option+Shift while the application is starting. A dialog box launches asking you if you want to delete your preferences file. To also restore default keyboard shortcuts, Option-click the OK button.) If that doesn't help, uninstall and reinstall the newer version of AE.

Or happily use the older versions if you'd prefer. But, before you do that, please file a bug report (with as much information as possible) so that the team at Adobe can be made aware of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, thankfully its easy to install older versions, its just very frustrating to see that my software of choice is so slowly developing. I understand creating a software like AE is not easy but i'm finding it increasingly difficult to justify my subscription every day.

Hope to get this fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wimbus,

I read that you had some trouble with performance with the latest version of After Effects. Apologies for the frustration, as I've been victim of performance issues myself from time to time.

Has the situation improved at all since you first posted? Has anything changed with your hardware, OS, or software setup? I have heard of some issues with the previous version of OS X Sierra, and updating had helped them. Have you updated OS X, and if so, has that improved performance? Please let us know if you are still having the issue, or that you're OK now. We're here to assist.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin!

Yes the performance issue still persist. Im stuck using 14.0.0 atm. I noticed there was an update to sierra that mentioned some fixes including Adobe products but these have not helped.

I'm also having other problems with allocating RAM during my After Effects previews, but that is a separate matter with support (who said they were going to email me back but i have yet to hear from them in two weeks later) but i digress. I just hope a new update comes out soon that actually fixes all these problems ( and so i dont have to have my Render Queue stuck to the bottom of my screen any more).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wimbus  wrote

Im stuck using 14.0.0 atm.

14.1.0 is working quite nicely for me on both Mac and PC, so hopefully you'll get a chance to try it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wimbus,

Sorry to hear of your woes. It sounds like it would help if we examined your system and worked a little closer with you on solving the issue. If you'd like, we can work with you 1-1. Click here to begin contact with us here at Adobe support.

If you have time, please return here with notes on what solved your issue, or if you still need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines