• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video not supported on a spread? uncheck facing pages?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In indesign CS6 I am trying to embed a youtube video and I keep getting this error message, saying its not supported with facing pages? Anyone have an idea why I keep getting this error message?

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 10.42.02 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to embed a YouTube video into an InDesign CS6 file. It's not a supported format.

As to why you're getting the message, give us a screen capture of the pages showing in the Pages panel. That's not an error message I'm familiar with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steve thanks for responding, Not supported? DO you have a way to put a youtube video then into my file? I did find a few different ways but nothing really has fully worked for me yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never heard of a way of streaming a YouTube video from an InDesign when saved in any format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Above link is what I am attempting to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s for DPS which is essentially a legacy format and does not support facing pages. It will also work for fixed layout epub but InDesign CS6 has no support for that.

So, the real important question is, what exactly are you trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oooh ok. thanks again for your help.

I have an editor's letter for a emag for a photographer, he has a 30 sec youtube on location, he wants to embed it into his page. Is this possible? Final file save will be interactive pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll ask again. What are you trying to do? Embedding in a page is not an answer. We know that part already.

What’s the end target format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying this can't be done? My end result file will be saved interactive PDF. I just want to know how to apply his youtube video into his document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, it won’t work in PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What don’t you get? That is for DPS output only.

DPS is not PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I guess I understand now, thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good luck. You should be aware that CS6 is very limited as far as choices go for interactive output.

CC has more choices such as fixed layout epub and publish online. Just something to consider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines