Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Settings for best render performance

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I'd like to say hello to everyone

I have a question about AE settings for my Notebook to achieve best render and editing performance.

My hardware:

MSI PE70 2QE notebook

i7-5700HQ

16GB RAM

1TB 7200 RPM HDD

250GB SSD M.2 Samsung 850 EVO

NVIDIA GTX960M

& Windows 8.1 operating system

Actually thing is which drive should be used for operating system, adobe ae app, project files, render file, and cache.

I have no space for another hard drive so I have to be satisfied with what I have. Later on I'd like to add more memory.

For now I have OS and APP on HDD and Cache set for SSD.

I will be grateful for any suggestions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

If you're using a recent version of AE I'd recommend installing CC 2014. (How to install older versions here.)

Work in your newer version and then open the file in CC 2014 and render with multiprocessing turned on. See if that renders more quickly.

If you are using any flavor of CC 2015 or CC 2015.3, you won't have to do anything special to open those files in CC 2014. If you are using CC 2017 or CC 2017.1, you will need to Save As to go back a version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've done just about everything you can on that thing.  Keep your cache cleaned out.

"Yeah, but After Effects still runs slow!  Anything else I can do?"

Sure -- get some AE experience under your belt.  It's not an editing application like PP,  it doesn't work like like an editing application and it's A LOT more complicated than an editing application.  Quirkier, too.  It probably would do you a lot of good to get your basic AE Training from the pros, which is something everyone should do:

After Effects tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Dave .

Actually I'm using AE for one thing.. exporting simple 60 second animations ( quicktime, animation, rgb + alpha, quality 100%)

It's always some shape + text animation. Nothing else. Problem is that's it's always like 50 files per day and it takes long.

It's only one reason and action I'd like to speed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're using a recent version of AE I'd recommend installing CC 2014. (How to install older versions here.)

Work in your newer version and then open the file in CC 2014 and render with multiprocessing turned on. See if that renders more quickly.

If you are using any flavor of CC 2015 or CC 2015.3, you won't have to do anything special to open those files in CC 2014. If you are using CC 2017 or CC 2017.1, you will need to Save As to go back a version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines