Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate Page Clockwise & Counterclockwise Buttons in Mozilla

Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems there was an update over the weekend that affected the location of the Rotate Clockwise and Rotate Counterclockwise buttons on Adobe Acrobat menu bar within the Mozilla extension. I have it set up so that the menu bar is at the top by default by unchecking the "display in read mode by default" option in the preferences menu of the Adobe Acrobat program on my computer. Before the rotate buttons were at the top. Now, you have to click on the double arrow all the way on the right and then move your mouse down the menu to rotate the pages.

This sounds like it is not that big of a deal but when you have to view pdfs through the mozilla extension all day for your work tasks, the extra time it takes adds up. I searched all over to see if there was an option to show more buttons but was unsuccessful. I looked at the Adobe Acrobat preferences in the program on my computer and also tried to find a place for preferences through the Adobe Acrobat extension through Mozilla. Also, I learned about the changed "r" and "shift + r" keyboard shortcuts, but I am also hoping to get help with the menu buttons for the not so computer savvy coworkers who also look at a lot of pdfs throughout the day.

Thanks for any advice you have!

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

You are right! It is the built in Firefox PDF viewer!

I just looked and Firefox was set up to use their viewer for pdf files. I missed that in the settings area. I just changed it to "Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox)" as shown below.

Capture.PNG

On day 1 it was asking me to save the file every time I clicked on a link for a pdf file. But now today, the application seems to be working perfectly in Mozilla.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my understanding, which may be wrong, this is nothing to do with Acrobat or Reader or any Adobe software; this isn't an extension. These seem to be the tools of the  built-in Firefox PDF viewer, which you'd get on a system which never had any Adobe software on it. So any question about them might be better directed to a Firefox forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right! It is the built in Firefox PDF viewer!

I just looked and Firefox was set up to use their viewer for pdf files. I missed that in the settings area. I just changed it to "Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox)" as shown below.

Capture.PNG

On day 1 it was asking me to save the file every time I clicked on a link for a pdf file. But now today, the application seems to be working perfectly in Mozilla.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines