• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

downloaded Flash Player from non-Adobe site and now system locks up.

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted the same type question.  I had downloaded your newest version from CenturyLink website, and after the download, went to install, which was ok, up to half way on install, and it just stops. Now IMAC will not do anything?? I can even get into IMAC

at all. It just brings me back to the install section, and does the same thing over and over, goes to half way install, and stalls out and just sits their. Can not get back into my computer.  Apparently this has locked up my computer totally!!!! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi paulm19433410​,

Please download Flash Player from genuine Adobe link Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions​ . Also please private message me the complete link of the page from where you have downloaded the Flash Player so that we can report about the same.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

centurylink.net   went into their internet speed test page, and it had listed that we could not do a speed test unless we had the flash player update, and to download the player from listed on bottom of their page. Go into Centurylink.com got to top of page ,

customer support click on internet ,go into that page and over on left click on speed test, go into that, and click on number #2, speed test and their you will see what I am talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's always best to post direct links to pages, versus having us attempt to find the correct page.  Is this the page you are referring to Speed Test CenturyLink with option 2 selected, I see links to Adobe's site to download the installer. 

However, the behaviour you are describing (system locked up) would not be as a result of the Flash Player installation.  When you restart your system to you have the 'Reopen windows when logging back in' check-box selected?

Please describe the behaviour in a more concise way (we can't see what you're seeing) and post screenshots to demonstrate what you are seeing/behaviour observed..  See How do I attach a screenshot? for assistance in taking and posting screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi paulm19433410

I branched your post to a new discussion as you're issue, based on your description, is not the same as the OP.  Unfortunately, Adobe cannot guarantee the authenticity of Flash Player installers posted to non-Adobe sites. Official Flash Player installers will not lock up your system the way that you describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines