• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I have to import after using 'Print to File' in the LRcc print Module?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I 'Print to File' in the Print Module and then save it to a folder I have in LR, I then have to import that image back into the LR folder.  Does not seem that I should have to do that.  What am I missing here?

Mac on LRcc 2015.7 (recently rolled back due to bug in 2015.8, but question was reverent in newer version as well)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Dale the usual method is to click Saved Print to make a saved print collection. That will include your print settings including any brightness/contrast adjustments.

So it’s possible to return to the print module in the future and select the same batch by choosing the saved print collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dale the usual method is to click Saved Print to make a saved print collection. That will include your print settings including any brightness/contrast adjustments.

So it’s possible to return to the print module in the future and select the same batch by choosing the saved print collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Typically you use Export to create a copy for non-Lightroom use (like printer or web or e-mail).

But whether you use Export or Print to File, the usual workflow is to no have the exported/printed to file image in Lightroom.  The whole point of Lightroom is that the edits are already saved in Lightroom, so the exported (or printed to file) doesn't add anything, it's just extra work and takes up extra space on your hard disk and extra space in the Library Module screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines