• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics Issue on my macbook pro 2016 when using premiere

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I updated to macOS 10.12.2, the flickering issue still exist...

Apple claimed that the graphics issue will be fixed in macOS 10.12.2, but it seems not.

Here is the situation when I use premiere 2017.

Compuer config:

Intel Core i7 2.9 Ghz

Radeon Pro 460 / Intel HD Graphics 530

20161213_090627.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

I too can confirm the latest MacOS 10.12.3 update fixed the issue. Let it be noted, I've only edited a single 11min video in 4k, but, it was while using OpenCL with not a single issue.

From what I'm reading in this thread, it seems Apple and Adobe have fixed the issue. THANK YOU!

As an alternative note, using OpenCL didn't really realize any significant performance improvements over Metal. But, this was only a basic edit with no effects whatsoever.

I'm running the 15" 2.9GHz Radeon 460/4GB...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 267 Replies 267
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you re-install Premiere after the OS update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pang723,

What's the Video Renderer that's selected under File > Project Settings > General?

Try switching the Video Rendering options and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue on my new speced out 2016 MacBook Pro. https://youtu.be/HBDyhMWsjqshttp://  Super frustrating because Apple and Adobe keep pointing fingers at each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bryanrowland,

Sorry for your frustration!

Did you try switching the Video Renderer?

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - same issues with Metal or OpenCL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing 2 major issues with the new MacBook Pro:

1. Video tearing and crashing as is shows in the link
  2. Flickering video and black frames when exporting timelines in Media Encoder

In addition to these crashes -  I get flickered video when i export a timeline in media Encoder. The issue is isolated to JUST this machine. I have exported the same timeline on a different Mac and PC with no flicker/dropped frame issues.

I have experimented with multiple renderers (OPEN CL as well as METAL) on the MacBook Pro. Both experience this issue when exporting the video.  Here is a video of my MacBook Pro Crashing in Premiere.

https://youtu.be/HBDyhMWsjqs

I also tested with FCPX with no issues during playback or export whatsoever. Last night I updated to the latest Beta of OS X with no success on the MacBook. Flicker is still there on export. It seems like this is a video card compatibility issue with Adobe and the new MacBooks.

Apple genius bar official diagnosis was that it was Adobe's problem because their diagnostics checked out and issue is isolated to Adobe products. I think they are right but need help ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bryanrowland,

What are the specs of your MacBook Pro?

Which GPU?

We're investigating the issue. Thanks for your patience!

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Sierra -

Macbook Pro 15-inch, Late 2016

Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB, Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Would be more than happy to submit logs or do whatever to get this resolved asap. Thanks. I ran tests with multiple GPU under Sierra 10.12.1 and the latest beta (I read that the beta could solve the issue but it does not). 

The Glitched out full crash happens once or twice a day - the export flicker issue using any GPU rendered in Media Encoder happens every time.

My current project is 6k Raw Red Dragon R3D footage.  I do not experience this export flicker issue from the same project file on My Mac Pro 12core 64GB with Dual AMD Firepro D700 GPUs OR on my i7 Surface Pro.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly the same problem with me...

Hople that Adobe can solve this issue with Apple for us, editor and all users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bryanrowland, it seems that the workaround doesn't apply to the New MacBook Pro with the Radeon Pro series GPU.

For older Macs, switching the Video Renderer seems to do the trick.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_3764.PNG

Same issues with my full spec radeon 460 MacBook Pro. this is mostly 1080 Sony a7s2 footage with some 4k (compressed) footage. it will just randomly freeze and flash this checkered pattern when scrubbing clips or doing color work. Only hard reset fixes the frozen screen. This is  unusablle from an editors standpoint and Apple says the hardware in the computer looks fine (genius bar and phone/ online support).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi markt,

Is there any specific action that triggers this behavior? Or is this completely random?

Do you get this right after launch?

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this not a issue with Lut's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Negative. Im not working with LUTS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

No, it's not! It's a completely new issue with the latest version of macOS.

• On older MacBooks, we can work around this by switching the Video Renderer to OpenCL or software only.
  • On the New MacBook Pro, nothing seems to fix this, as of now. [May be because they have a different GPU, the AMD Radeon Pro series]

We're working with Apple to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I even returned my laptop and got a new one. MBP 2016 15".

I used to get 30 glitches and crashes a day..working on timeline, rendering, exporting. A couple of days ago I was told by adobe support to use software only render..it has not crashed again...but 6 hrs to export a 15 clip is way too much.  I am pulling my hairs out.

It did happened since day one. brand new 2 laptop 15" MBP 2016.

I am thinking on plan b or c because work is being stuck because of this.

someone please help us.

Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have not been able to identify any specific action that triggers the screen glitch/freeze. However, the flickering video on export in Media Encoder is repeatable every time no matter which GPU renderer I choose.

I ordered the laptop the day it was announced and made available through my business rep at Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez,

No specific actions in Adobe. One time it flashed and froze just playing out my timeline of clips, another time while I was adjusting color within premiere, and another when I was loading clips with 'Assemble' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this happened to me 4 times and every time it happened when I clicked the play button in the source window. and if I avoid doing that and it seems to be just fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues. Swapped laptops, on all the latest software updates for both Mac and Premiere pro

Really need a solution right now... is software only render the only option right now? Is this issue going to be resolved soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi phoebet,

Some users have reported that software only is working fine for them. Yes, it's painfully slow but that seems to be the only workaround.

Yes, we're working on a fix.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem with the last Macbook Pro 2016 RADEON 450....... PREMIERE makes my computer crash, using all the RAM memory and lagging too... Impossible to use premiere CC 2017...

Please... Where does the problem come from ?

Any news ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SamPiranha,

Sorry for your issue!

Memory leak is a different issue and is equally frustrating! A few people have reported the same issue while exporting from Premiere Pro. Do you get a dialog saying Premiere Pro needs more memory?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines