• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't "not dispose" frames with transparency

Participant ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating an animation in which I want several frames to stay visible while subsequent frames load. All images are transparent backgrounds. I've followed these instructions but still, each time I run the timeline, all images are disposed and each subsequent frame only shows itself.

Is there a way to keep certain frames visible with transparent PSD files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

If I am understanding you, then it's simply a matter of setting the time delay for each frame. 

Below, frames 1,2, and 4 are set to 1 second, and frame 3 is set to 4 seconds.

The background is turned off for all frames, so we are seeing the forum background behind the numbers.

1-to-4.gif

You can have all or none of the layers turned on for a particular frame, and the timing is still; a function of the frame delay.

So this arrangement:

Gives us this

1-2-3-and-4.gif

If that does not cover it, try and describe it in more detail

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am understanding you, then it's simply a matter of setting the time delay for each frame. 

Below, frames 1,2, and 4 are set to 1 second, and frame 3 is set to 4 seconds.

The background is turned off for all frames, so we are seeing the forum background behind the numbers.

1-to-4.gif

You can have all or none of the layers turned on for a particular frame, and the timing is still; a function of the frame delay.

So this arrangement:

Gives us this

1-2-3-and-4.gif

If that does not cover it, try and describe it in more detail if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I probably haven't explained it clearly, sorry.

Using your example, what I want to happen is have 1 tween into 2. Then I want 2 to remain while 3 tweens into 4 and 2 and 4 remain. But what is happening is that each frame disappears before the next one appears.

I have tried checking and un-checking Redundant Pixel Removal and toggling between Do Not Dispose and Auto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it turns out, the disposal was working correclty once exported to gif. It just wasn't appearing when previewing in Photoshop.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Frame timings tend not to be spot on in the Timeline because Photoshop has too much too process and can't honour short frame times, but it should still be reasonable.  I am glad you have got there though.  IME Frame Animations are not an intuitive process to understand, and there is precious little written about it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines