Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering in Lightroom: Camera won't connect

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I believe I have a unique problem; as I have already tried every single trouble shooting guide I could find. When I try to tether in Lightroom, the tether dialogue box pops up and flashes between "Canon EOS Rebel T6s" and "No Camera Detected" This is all it does, just flash back and forth at one second intervals. I am tethering with a 15' Tether Pro orange cable fresh out of the package. My camera is a Canon T6s, firmware ver: 1.0.0. The Wi-Fi/NFC is disabled, Auto power off is disabled.

Notes:

1) I am able to successfully tether shoot with EOS Utility 3.

2) I have received the following error message after several minutes of the blinking.

"There is a problem with Tethered Capture.

Tethered Capture is not able to connect with the camera Canon EOS Rebel T6s (error code Canon EOS Rebel T6s). Please try restarting Tethered Capture or relaunching Adobe Photoshop Lightroom."

3) I have tried every step listed here, none have accomplished anything, and I followed the instructions precisely, I am now on step #13.

Fix tethered shooting in Lightroom

"13. Search Adobe Community Help for a support document on your camera."

Additional information:

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.12 [2]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 2.6 GHz

Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16,384.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 1,180.4 MB (7.2%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 2,599.1 MB

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

-Zach

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

I finally resolved the problem. In my case there was no quick fix. I was on the phone with Adobe technical support for about 5 hours. They had systems engineers and everything working to get through it. Finally they found it was a glitch in the Adobe CC software itself. I am using the newest mac Operating system: Mac OS 10, Version: 10.12 [2]. Adobe CC may have a glitch with this if you also have this Mac OS. They had to rename certain files on my harddrive to fix the problem. So in short your b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be using at least Lightroom CC 2015.3. The latest version of Lightroom is CC 2015.8

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear, I have the same problem with Nikon D3x, but I am with the latest version of Lightroom (CC2015.8), that you mentioned and the Lightroom tethered capture don't work. I have the same message "No Camera Detected"! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Saudujas Your camera is supported so it should work, Have a look at this help link from Adobe.

How to import photos into Lightroom from a tethered camera

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear, I know, but still, Tethered Capture in Lightroom 2015.8 is not working, I already changed the USB cable, I turned the machine and computer off, I reconnected everything again, I already uninstalled and reinstalled everything too, since I am an Adobe CC subscriber, I formatted CF cards, because I read that the cards need to be empty ... I do not know what else to do! Anyway, I really appreciate your attention! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also try disabling WiFi on your camera, if you havent already

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe CC liscense, I just uninstalled it and re-downloaded from the cloud, it says version Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445], is this not the most recent version? and if so, why is adobe CC giving me an old version and how to I fix this issue?

Thanks,

-Zach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 2015 is the initial version you need to install the latest update patch. You can do so from the Creative Cloud Application Manager application. Also see help at the link below.

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

You do not need to uninstall the version of Lightroom you have installed you just need to install the update of the latest version Lightroom CC 2015.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally resolved the problem. In my case there was no quick fix. I was on the phone with Adobe technical support for about 5 hours. They had systems engineers and everything working to get through it. Finally they found it was a glitch in the Adobe CC software itself. I am using the newest mac Operating system: Mac OS 10, Version: 10.12 [2]. Adobe CC may have a glitch with this if you also have this Mac OS. They had to rename certain files on my harddrive to fix the problem. So in short your best solution is to call Adobe support at 800-833-6687, press 2, 1, 1, to get to the appropriate help center. Then request the installation department. This may take a couple hours but they did fix it in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dear zachd6302103​! I will try it! Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! i have been at this for about 5 hours today trying to figure it out and I have not been able to. I have a Nikon D5100 with similar issues. I will be calling Monday morning. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines