• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since upgrading to 2017 isolating a group below an adjustment layer no longer works

Advocate ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to apply an adjustment to a group of layers without affecting layers underneath, how do I do that?

It used to be that if I group the layers and isolate the adjustment layer above the group by alt-clicking it, that would affect only the group.

Now it seems that doesn't work and it still affects all layers below the group as well.

And I thought that an adjustment layer inside a group would only affect layers inside the group, but now that also affects layers outside and below the group.

I'm sure it didn't used to work like this.

How do I isolate a group without affecting layers underneath?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

dv8kiwi

Glad it is working now.  So are you posting from NZ?  I'm in Rapaura near Blenheim.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can still do that.  Either by Alt clicking the junction between the Adjustment Layer and Group to clip them together, or by using the icon at the bottom of the properties panel.  If it were not for you specifically mentioning 'Alt' clicking, I'd ask what OS you are using.  Is it an old version of Windows perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it and it is working. The bottom layer of the group is not fully covering the layer below it, is it?

Test -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is exactly what I'm doing and it is not working. And it always used to work. I'm using the current build of Windows 10, fully up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help! I don't know what was going on but a complete restart seems to have fixed it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dv8kiwi

Glad it is working now.  So are you posting from NZ?  I'm in Rapaura near Blenheim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sweet. Gidday mate. Chur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines