• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importer reported a generic error on a Live Commentary .m4a extracted Elgato file

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my friends and I recorded Xbox One gameplay through Elgato HD 60 S's.

We recorded our Gameplay files and used the Live Commentary File Extraction which separates the commentary and gameplay from each other into separate files.

The Gameplay file is a .mp4 which works on fine on Premiere. But the Live Commentary file is in .m4a format and I get an "Importer reported a generic error" message.

I'm new to Adobe's product. I haven't done any video editing in a couple of years and am returning to it.

Thanks!

Additional Info:

Premiere Elements 13

Windows 10

Elgato HD 60 S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Elgato files can be kind of tricky. They either work or they don't. In fact, the Elgato comes with its own video editing software that's designed to work with the Elgato's captured video.

You will definitely need to have Quicktime 7 installed on your computer in order to use m4a files, per the program's requirements. Do you have it installed? You can opt not to install the Quicktime Player or you can disable the Player file by changing its suffix for security reasons -- but you do need the other

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elgato files can be kind of tricky. They either work or they don't. In fact, the Elgato comes with its own video editing software that's designed to work with the Elgato's captured video.

You will definitely need to have Quicktime 7 installed on your computer in order to use m4a files, per the program's requirements. Do you have it installed? You can opt not to install the Quicktime Player or you can disable the Player file by changing its suffix for security reasons -- but you do need the other components.

That said, you'll always get best performance with Premiere Elements if your audio files are WAV files. So converting may be a good idea also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks.

I'm assuming there is no way to change the file format it outputs to in Elgato's software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know Elgato well enough to answer that, Justin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, well downloading Quicktime 7 worked. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines