Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Model Releases for abandonded buildings

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I did a search but could  not find an answer. If a building is abandoned, on public property (but the photographer is not on the property to get the photo), does one still need a model release? I see that abandoned buildings are sought after, yet don't see how one would get the release. Any ideas or just not bother shooting these structures?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Generally abandoned buildings themselves are fine to accept without a release, so long as it's also free of other elements (e.g., street art / graffiti, trademarks left behind like an old soda ad or gas station name, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sheena, thank you for pointing out that article, but I had already read it and found it did not contain the information I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally abandoned buildings themselves are fine to accept without a release, so long as it's also free of other elements (e.g., street art / graffiti, trademarks left behind like an old soda ad or gas station name, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines