Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent Section Headers when exporting to Microsoft Word

Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I export PDF to Microsoft Word, it creates Section Headers. How do I prevent this?

I just want all the text to be as body text without section hears, or any type of header

I tried both DOC and DOCX, it’s the same.

Thank you,

Shlomit

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably in the minority: Most people what a full featured Word document when exporting from PDF. What you get depends highly on the quality of the PDF file: If the file is tagged, you will get something that looks close to the original Word file that was used to create the PDF file that you in turn use to generate another Word document. This means that you get most of the formatting in the original document. I am not aware of any controls to turn everything into body text. You will have to do that after you convert from PDF to Word. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much.

by the way, do you have any idea why the text got US language although I choose in the export options French? Is this because of the same reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That I do not know. Is the document in English? Is it possible that the language flags in the document are set to English even tough the content is not? How did you convert from PDF to Word? Did you use the ExportPDF online service, or the functionality built into Adobe Acrobat (File>Export To>...)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the document I have is in French and I used the built in Adobe Acrobat CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Acrobat - with your PDF document open - select to bring up the document properties (Ctrl-D or File>Properties), then go to the "Advanced" tab. Here you should see a Language setting in the last group (Reading Options). Is this set to "English" or to "French"? In my experience, when this is set correctly, the resulting Word document should use this language as it's proofing language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines