• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7 and Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old MAC that will not allow me to upgrade to LightRoom CC.  I would like to edit my photos on my MAC and also on my new iPad pro.  Can I use the Adobe Cloud to share my edits between devices?

Thanks,

Terry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

If your Lightroom 5.7 is not the Creative Cloud version, then sharing is not possible.

You may be able to subscribe to the Creative Cloud, it would install LR 5.7 Creative Cloud version on your computer (because your operating system won't allow Lightroom CC 2015 to be installed), and then you could share between computer and tablet. I don't know if this will work because I haven't tried it. You might want to try donwloading and installing the 7-day free trial of Lightroom CC and see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, if you can't install LR on your computer, then you also can't share edits between a tablet/phone and that computer.

Why can't you upgrade the Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MAC is almost 9 years old.  I think it has something to do with the fact that the OS is unable to upgraded past Lion.  I know I need to upgrade to a newer one but the cost is a little much.  I have Lightroom 5.7 on the MAC and Lightroom mobile on the ipad pro.  Just have not figured out the sharing or if it is even possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Lightroom 5.7 is not the Creative Cloud version, then sharing is not possible.

You may be able to subscribe to the Creative Cloud, it would install LR 5.7 Creative Cloud version on your computer (because your operating system won't allow Lightroom CC 2015 to be installed), and then you could share between computer and tablet. I don't know if this will work because I haven't tried it. You might want to try donwloading and installing the 7-day free trial of Lightroom CC and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks DJ.  I will try that and see what happens.  🙂  I appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines