• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't record sound

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2008 Aug 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new project using the demonstration template. When I went to record I got a popup asking me to calibrate. I accidentally said no and checked the 'do not ask again' box. Now I can't manually calibrate sound or manually change the input device. What is worse, when I open up a previous project for which there is recorded sound I can't play the sound! What gives? Any thoughts?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Issue solved by uninstalling Captivate 3 and reinstalling it. I guess don't click the 'never show this again' or else you will never be able to calibrate your audio input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to our community, Stewart

Reinstalling shouldn't have been necessary. If you click Edit > Preferences... > Global node you will see all sorts of click boxes. This is where you may re-enable options that have been turned off. I'm guessing that before reinstalling, you would have seen that the check mark was removed for the option labeled "Check audio input levels".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources