• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects moving

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched and searched and there is no answer for this simple problem.  I have tried all kinds of things to remedy the problem.  I have placed a full-width rectangle and 2 text boxes and they are moving up once you go to Preview or Preview in Browser.

Design View:

Objects Moving Design.jpg

Preview View:

Objects Moving Preview.jpg

The only other thing on this page is the full-width photo above the objects moving.  This is driving me crazy trying to figure it out.

Thanks for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Ah, I see! But I bet, it is exactly the issue I already was talking about.

1. Try doing what I said, but group the placeholder, the black rectangle and the text boxes. Does this work?

2. Can you simply place the image onto the black rectangle and give it a white outline on top and at the bottom?

If this doesn’t work, please do the following:

Create a new site with only one page and only the elements, which are shown on your screenshot, or reduce your existing site to only this single page, containin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you be a little bit more clear? I don’t see a difference at first glance.

But nevertheless, out of the blind, try the following:

1. Place an image placeholder (crossed out rectangle tool) onto the image banner with exactly the same size and position.

Screen.png

2. Group this image placeholder with the 2 text frames below.

Now all should work as expected.

Reason: It is very heavy for Muse to decide, which element should affect which other element, if the situation is not really clear. On your page the are at least 2 element influencing the position of the text boxes below: The logo top left and the banner image.

If you put an image placeholder onto the banner, which scales like the banner and group it with the text elements, the situation should be clear for Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter ,

Notice the position of the black rectangle below the image of the car being washed and the text as well in the design view. You can see a gap between the black rectangle and the image. Then look at the Preview view and you will see that they have both shifted up to where the black rectangle is on top of the image.

Do you see what I am talking about?

Gary

Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see! But I bet, it is exactly the issue I already was talking about.

1. Try doing what I said, but group the placeholder, the black rectangle and the text boxes. Does this work?

2. Can you simply place the image onto the black rectangle and give it a white outline on top and at the bottom?

If this doesn’t work, please do the following:

Create a new site with only one page and only the elements, which are shown on your screenshot, or reduce your existing site to only this single page, containing shown elements, to demonstrate your issue. (This is helpful, because it saves download- and analysing-time). Upload this .muse file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look. Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Günter ,

I guess you can't group a full-width object, but I placed an image placeholder on top of the image and grouped it with the text boxes and now everything is staying in place. 

Thanks for the help!

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines