• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ID not rotating page for printing

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My tale is a long, confusing mess. The condensed version: Reinstalled Xerox Docucolor 240 printer driver and now InDesign does not rotate a landscape document to print short edge first. This is a document I have been printing on a monthly basis for about 5 years.

I am using IDCS5.5 on Mac OSX 10.6.8. The document is an 8.5x11 landscape printing on 10x13 12pt C1S stock. I can print it long edge first, but it curls the paper and the back is way off.

The document will actually print with all the settings on landscape. However, the image prints landscape so only a portion of it is on the page. I do have workarounds to get the job done, but it would make my life so much easier if I can just print it they way I always have.

I have deleted InDesign preferences, re-reinstalled the printer driver (multiple times for various reasons), restarted the program and the computer but nothing works.

I've tested printing out of Illustrator with the same specs. It prints perfectly. Otherwise, I would think it was a printer driver problem.

I'm sure I've forgotten to include some pertinent information, so just ask if more info is needed.

Any advise would be wonderful!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign's printer support is sub-standard. Always has been.

The recommended answer is usually to create a PDF file and print from Acrobat. Have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, like I said, I do have my workarounds. I was just hoping someone knew of something I had not thought of.

Thanks for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screen capture of Print>Setup tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you don't mind, can you send an example of how it prints irregularly and how it prints using Illustrator? (you mentioned it prints fine in Illustrator). Also maybe a screenshot of your settings? I'm hoping seeing it will spark an idea

Thanks!

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are screenshots of the print set up tab and a print preview from both ID and Illustrator.

InDesign:

Page Setup Tab_ID.png

Print Preview_ID.png

Illustrator:

Page Setup Tab_AI.png

Print preview_AI.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sending the screenshots.

But yeah that is weird...have you tried switching your orientation in your page setup? I'm asking because it seems like your InDesign thinks horizontal is vertical so maybe the opposite will give you the results you want.

If not, let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines