• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone stamp tool query?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the clone stamp tool to touch up design work, printed textiles, normally textures with several colours in but no tones. When I use the clone stamp tool to touch up an area it creates a grade of colours like a halo around the area. I have tried numerous things including different brushes, presets unchecked etc etc. In Photoshop preferences Image Interpolation is set to Nearest neighbour(preserve hard edges) which if this isn't set using brushes this can create halos. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any problem at my end. Are you running the latest update of Photoshop CC 2017?

Check to make sure Clone Stamp's blend mode is set to Normal.

Reset the tool:

Reset Tool.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still on CS6, work haven't upgraded us yet but always had the problem. Blend mode is set to normal. I have inserted a screen shot below as suggested by BarbBinder,  hope this helps?

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 16.55.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like the anti-aliasing on the brush being used to clone stamp. I don't think you can turn that off.

Unless someone comes along with a better way, an alternative may be to make a selection (with anti-alias off) and copy and paste rather than clone.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Patch tool might also be worth a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did wonder that Dave, been in loads of settings & preferences tried all sorts of things, it's normally a problem when its a big job of cloning like the job today. Thanks for replying,

Clare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a combination of low resolution and a bit of feathering. Is the clone stamp's hardness set to 100%? If it is, the feathering is likely from antialiasing. Increase your resolution to 200% of the original, it should help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have a look tomorrow, shutting down for the evening now, I thought it was feathering or antialiasing possibly. I always work at 254dpi so never low res. I'll let you know any updates, thanks so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By low resolution, I was referring to total pixels, not ppi. Pixels per inch is somewhat irrelevant within Photoshop, as it simply tells how many pixels will represent an inch.

So to more clearly state my previous response: Increase your canvas size to 200% (ie from 500x500 px to 1000x1000 px)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that did't fix it, maybe you can share a screen shot of the results, with the Options bar visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have inserted a screen shot on Benjamin Root's reply as suggested by you, hopefully one of you can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines