• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message launching Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a brand new copy of Lightroom 6, purchased from Amazon as a stand alone product, for Christmas. I just got around to installing and setting it up today. The installation went fine, then when I went to launch it, I got this error message: "Adobe Photoshop Light Room has stopped working".  "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I searched this forum and found a post from 2015 with the same issue. The answer there was to check the computer's specs. Now I'm not so good with computers, I can do basic things, but when it comes to knowing how many GB of RAM I have, or what kind of graphics card, I have no clue!

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

I ended up chatting with Adobe support & they fixed it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search Microsoft – Official Home Page to learn how to use Windows, and to find out what you have

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

•ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi naivara,

Please share the crash log file for Lightroom, so that we can find the root cause.

Photoshop Elements Editor Help | How to Find Crash Logs on Windows

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up chatting with Adobe support & they fixed it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just loaded Lighthouse 6 and am getting the same error message.  Can you share what they told you to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines