Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed with numbered list

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

ok so here is my problem and I am sure somebody must know the solution. I have a numbered list that goes up to 71. I need to create a style for the numbering that is a number inside a circle, the circle fill is red while the number is white and the number is centered inside the circle.

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 20.43.33.png

I have no idea how to create this as an automatic numbered list, as manually will not work, and for the last one hour I have been trying a couple of tricks using paragraph rules but this did not work and the other one was using a font called combinumerals, though this last one worked except it does not create a circle but half a circle so it did not work. Can anybody help me on this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, you can create an anchored frame which contains a paragraph with an auto number. With an object style you can define the following:

1. Color
  2. Position, relative to the anchor point in the paragraph.
  3. Paragraph style

The paragraph has to have this paragraph style and at least 1 other glyph. I use in such a case a thin space which is via character style so small, that no one will realize it (smallest font size and scaled to the minimum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked for fonts that have 2-digit numbers in circles?

http://www.fontscape.com/explore?3O4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CombiNumerals will work.

capture-000737.png

Make sure to turn on Contextual Alternates if it is off, and for the solid background, use Stylistic Set 1.

capture-000738.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for all your answers, so far what gave me the most results is to use the combinumbers, however what i get is harf circles, how do I display the font in full circles?

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 08.48.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dunno how that happens. Especially without a file. The below is a CS6 verison file. If you need an IDML, let me know.

[link removed]

Does the above work properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try increasing the indent between your numbered bullets and the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same problem. You can't just type the numbers normally using the number keys. To type single digit numbers in a circle you use the Q - P keys (the row of keys just below the number keys on a US keyboard).

This document outlines how to type all the characters: https://secure.surething.com/ST/Downloads/CombiNumerals_Pro.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also suspect it is an indent issue. Take a look at this thread for directions, if you don't know how to adjust it:

How Do You Format the Spacing Between a Bullett Point and the Begining of the Text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines