• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installing lightroom onto a new computer from an old one

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old MAC on which I used Lightroom 5.  I had deleted many many photos one day.  I had not been deleting like I should.  I then purchased a new computer.  I backed up on the old computer and restored on the new.  In lightroom on my new computer, all the deleted files are showing in my library.  When a photo that had previously been deleted is selected, Lightroom says the photo is empty.  I do know I had trouble backing up and will restore another later backup this afternoon.  Do you think this will help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

In Lightroom, select all of the photos you want to get rid of, then press Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom says the photo is empty

Does it actually say that the photo is missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it says the photo is missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This means Lightroom cannot find the photo in the folder location and file name it is expecting for this photo. The photo is missing.

Are these the photos you deleted? Do they exist any more? Do you want them to remain in Lightroom, or do you want them to be removed from Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes  the actual picture I see in the grid view has an explanation point in the top right corner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you didn't answer my questions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I select the photo I know I deleted it has an explanation point in the right hand corner.  The histogram box says the photo is missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeating my questions that have not yet been answered

Do the photos exist any more? Do you want them to remain in Lightroom, or do you want them to be removed from Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want them out of lightroom and my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, select all of the photos you want to get rid of, then press Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does say photo is missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines